Introductions
testing! testing!
Well hello there! It's Maggie, AKA elvis_in_letaher! Welcome to my blog :) If it wasn't immediately obvious, I love Elvis Presley and have loved writing for pleasure as a pastime even longer. Something I used to do much more frequently was write. I kept a diary, wrote poems, short stories, frequented a creative writing club and even blogged! (my blog was about nature, proving we never change but we never stay the same). I never stopped writing: I still keep notes and journal entries and draft little poems and write a lot for my Elvis page on Instagram. But the variety isn't there. The volume of what I felt like I could write, and how I could write and what about seemed to lessen as I got older, and limited in the modes I was using. So I'm changing that! I long for the essay, the rant, the opinion piece... the blog!
I have a BA in English Language and Literature and have been running an Elvis fan page on Instagram since 2017... so I wanted a space to marry the two; to integrate essays and wider thoughts surrounding Elvis and the community longer than Instagram captions will allow, so this little blog was born! A personal passion project that's part of sparking self-improvement and creativity. It's totally selfish in that way, but I thank you for reading and hope you get something out of it, too!
Stick around and TCB!

Comments
Post a Comment